Location: Chard, Somerset, England
Salary: GBP9 - 13 per Hour
Job Ref: JT04092020a
Posted: 04/09/2020Apply Now
Production operatives required for a physically demanding manual job based at Cricket St Thomas. You will be involved in various processes in the production of cheese, including turning racks of cheese, cleaning, and operating machinery - full training given.
ENHANCED RATES FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY WORKING AS WELL AS OVERTIME.
£8.72 ph standard rate
£10.90 ph SATURDAYS
£13.08 ph SUNDAYS
The role is a manual one, which requires physical strength, and the ability to work in a sometimes warm environment. The department is responsible for making cheese, from scratch, and is therefore a complex and involved process, managed through the use of machinery - duties will include:
- Loading empty moulds into their state of the art automated production machinery
- Monitoring the process to ensure that the machinery is running and working correctly
- Regularly turning cheese (by hand) - this is the very manual and physically demanding aspect of the role.
- Transferring products to different areas of the factory
- Administration and record keeping
The positions are available in a department that is like a family, with most jobs relying on good teamwork to ensure satisfactory completion. So as well as being a real team player, other competencies include
- Being diligent and following instructions from the experienced supervisory team
- Understanding the importance of food hygiene, and how to achieve the required standards
- Basic IT skills
- Understanding and applying safe working practices
- Understanding the importance of an efficient production process
We would welcome applications from anyone who has previously worked within the dairy / food industry, although this type of experience is not essential.
Please note that hours and days of work are confirmed on a weekly basis.Apply Now